Regular Weekly and Monthly Meetings:
• AA: Thursdays at 8 p.m. at Carnegie Hall and Sundays open meeting from 10 to 11 a.m. at the Community Center.
• AL-ANON: Thursdays at 8 p.m. at Our Savior’s Lutheran Church and every Monday at 7 p.m. at 205 N. 8th St., Montevideo.
• Caregiver Support: Third Thursday of the month at the MORE Cafe (caregiver lunch) at 11:30 a.m. in Milan and educational meeting at 12:30 p.m. at the City Hall. For more information call 320-269-6491 or 1-877-450-6401 Ext. 1146 Care for the care receiver may be available during the program, please ask for details ahead of time. No cost.
• The Chippewa County-Montevideo Hospital Dementia Caregiver Support and Education Group (DCSE- “Dixie”): meets in the Clinic Conference Room at the Chippewa County-Montevideo Hospital on the second Monday of the month, from 6:30-8:00 p.m. and the second Thursday of the month from 10:30-noon. Pre-registration is not required and there is no mandatory fee.. Call Gretchen Reeves at 320-321-8266 for more information.
• Cooties: First Thursday of the month at 6 p.m. at the VFW.
• Disabled American Veterans/Auxiliary-Western Chapter #24: Second Thursday of every month at the Montevideo American Legion at 7 p.m.
• Gluten Intolerance Support Group - For individuals with an intolerance to gluten/wheat or diagnosed with celiac disease. Jan Bartell: (320) 297-1103 or (320) 598-3355 or Anna Landmark: (320) 226-4569.
• NA: Every Thursday at The House (corner of Benson Rd. & Ashmore Ave.) 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Open to all who struggle with any type of addiction. John Enstad at (320) 296-1326.
• Pioneerland Library System: Board meeting Thursday, Oct. 17, at 7 p.m. at the community room at the Willmar Public Library
• Scenic Valley Cruisers Car Club: All car enthusiasts welcome! Meeting at 5:30 p.m. at Runnings, leave at 6 p.m. Thursdays. No membership needed to participate. Schedule is subject to change. Oct. 17, After Five, Madison; Oct. 24, Mexican Restaurant, Montevideo; Oct. 31, No Cruise.
• Free health insurance counseling for older adults: The Senior LinkAge Line has trained volunteer specialists available who provide assistance with Medicare, supplemental insurance, long-term care insurance, Medicare savings programs, prescription drugs, forms assistance and much more, at the Montevideo Community Center. A trained specialist is available the second Thursday of each month from 10 a.m. - noon. Call 1-800-333-2433, ext. 82024, to set up an appointment.
• Sexual Abuse Survivors Support Group: Meets weekly. For more information, call (320) 269-7397 or 888-564-4894.
• Toastmasters speaking club: Thursdays from 12 - 1 p.m., upstairs in the Willmar Public Library. Easy to follow instruction learning to be comfortable speaking before others as in seeking employment. All are welcome, all ages, come visit.
Page 2 of 2 - • TOPS: Thursdays at 5:30 p.m. at the Montevideo Community Center. For information call (320) 269-6294.
• Women’s Issues Therapy Group: Call (320) 235-5411.