Last week I picked up my new 2017 Ford Interceptor AWD squad car.
Last week I picked up my new 2017 Ford Interceptor AWD squad car. Some of the features are listed below. Mine is a class B, which it means there is not a light bar on the roof. The State Patrol currently has approximately 650 marked squads, of which 60% have light bars.
• 3.7L VVT V6 engine with 305HP
• 6 speed transmission
• 18 inch steel rims with 13 inch rotors
• Hands free SYNC Bluetooth equipped
• 0 to 60 mph in 7.43 seconds
• Top speed 130+ mph
• Top speed of 800MHz Police radio= 186,000 miles per second
• Built at Ford assembly plant in Chicago, IL: Ford custom paints them with Minnesota maroon- we are the only agency in the country with this color.
• Specially equipped and engineered for law enforcement
• Only vehicle in law enforcement market with 75 mph rear-impact crash safety rating
• Features a unique “Pursuit Mode” designed to provide quick engine response when needed, especially useful for the Pursuit Intervention Technique maneuver
You can avoid a ticket — and a crash — if you simply buckle up, drive at safe speeds, pay attention and always drive sober. Help us drive Minnesota Toward Zero Deaths.
If you have any questions concerning traffic related laws or issues in Minnesota send your questions to Sgt. Troy Christianson – Minnesota State Patrol at 2900 48th Street NW, Rochester MN 55901-5848. (Or reach him at, Troy.Christianson@state.mn.us)