The Montevideo School District has announced that they will be holding a series of upcoming Listening Sessions.
The Montevideo School District has announced that they will be holding a series of upcoming Listening Sessions. The purpose of the meetings is to seek input from various stakeholders about the district’s past, present, and future.
In April, the school district contracted with ICS Consulting, Inc. to lead the district through a planning process which would lead to the development and implementation of a long-range master facility plan.
Montevideo Superintendant of Schools Dr. Luther Heller, said: “The planning process includes an educational adequacy study, a demographic analysis that focuses on enrollment trends, a facility study that provides a look at the current facility needs, and input from stakeholders on the current facilities.”
Stakeholder groups invited to participate in these meetings include the Board of Education, school administrators, school staff, students and community members.
“Through the listening sessions, we hope to gather input from our various stakeholders as to their concerns and priorities with regard to facility planning,” said Dr. Heller.
A number of questions will be discussed at these listening sessions. Common questions for all groups include:
• What great things are happening at Montevideo Schools (facilities, programs, societal)?
• What are the biggest challenges facing Montevideo Schools (facilities, programs, societal)?
• How has education changed in the last 20 years?
• If you won the lottery and were required to spend it all on your schools, how would you spend it?
• What are the top three needs for a good education?
• What advice would you give to the decision makers?
For more on this story and others pick up this week’s paper or subscribe today!