The American-News welcomes letters of opinion from our readers.
The American-News welcomes letters of opinion from our readers. Letters regarding current local and national news items are encouraged. All letters are subject to editing for length and style. Letters containing potentially libelous or obscene statements will not be published. Letters must contain name, address and phone number for verification and in case of questions. E-mail letters to: firstname.lastname@example.org Letters may also be mailed to: Editor, Montevideo Publishing, P.O. Box 99, Montevideo, MN 56265
Hypocrisy of the left
Following is Obama’s speech showing his support to secure our borders. “We need to better secure our borders and to punish employers who choose to hire illegal immigrants. We are a generous and welcoming people in the U.S. but those who enter the country illegally, and those who employ them, disrespect the rule of law and they are showing disregard for those who are following the law. We simply cannot allow people to pour into the U.S. undetected, undocumented, unchecked and circumventing the line of people who are waiting diligently and patiently to lawfully become immigrants.
Where were the cries of racism, the demonstrations, and violence when Obama called for the very same thing President Trump is calling for? Obama and the Clinton’s were separating children from their parents at the border…where was the media and the rioters then? The media used photos suggesting that Trump was putting migrant children in cages….until it was revealed that the photos were from the Obama administration!
Is Trump a racist? In 1999 Jesse Jackson praised Trump for being a champion of minority empowerment and for promoting diversity! Under Trump we have the lowest unemployment numbers for blacks and Hispanics ever! Democrats want to keep minorities on welfare so they can control them. Republicans want them to be employed so they can pursue the American dream!
Democrats love calling conservatives names like fascists, racists, white supremacists. Following is the definition of a fascist. “A fascist is a follower of a political philosophy characterized by authoritarian views and a strong central government….with no tolerance for opposing opinions. The emphasis is on the group….with few individual rights. You must support the ruling party’s view on society politics and culture. Fascists scapegoat and demonize other groups.”
“Fascist” perfectly describes the new radical democrat party. Especially the part about scapegoating and demonizing other groups. Look at what is happening.
1. The media and Democrats called for firing NBA analyst Kevin McHale simply because he attended a Trump rally in Duluth, MN.
2. Maxine Waters (Democrat) is calling for protestors to form mobs to harass members of Trumps family, his administration, and his supporters wherever they see them….in restaurants, in theaters, at gas stations.
3. James Hodgkinson opened fire on a group of congressional Republicans at a baseball practice…..trying to kill as many Republicans as possible.
4. Conservative speakers have been prevented from speaking on college and university campuses by dangerous groups like Antifa who hurl smoke bombs, break windows and threaten conservative speakers with harm.
5. Hollywood elites and Democrats threatened to boycott any entertainers that entertained at Trump’s inauguration festivities.
6. Designer Sophie Theallet called for a boycott of all designers who would design clothes for Melania.
7. Sarah Sanders and her family were asked to leave the Red Hen restaurant by owner (democrat) Stephanie Wilkinson because Sanders works for the Trump administration. When Sanders went to another restaurant, Wilkinson and her friends harassed Sanders at that restaurant.
Abraham Lincoln wrote: “Those who deny freedom for others deserve it not for themselves.”